May 5th, 2021 :Liberia Land Authority (LLA) Launches Phase Two of the Systematic Land Titling Pilot Project with Medici Land Governance (MLG)

The Liberia Land Authority (LLA) and a US-based corporation (MLG) begins phase two of the Systematic Land Titling pilot in selected areas of Monrovia.

The Liberia Land Authority (LLA) in collaboration with Medici Land Governance Inc (MLG), a US-based corporation, is implementing a Systematic Land Titling pilot project in a selected area of Monrovia. The process starts with the collection of landowner information and boundary demarcation. At the end of the process, the Liberia Land Authority (LLA) will issue up to 1000 Certificates of Title to approved landowners.

However, during the implementation of the phase two of the pilot project, the Liberia Land Authority (LLA) and Medici Land Governance (MLG) will distribute flyers and posters with information about this Systematic Land Titling process in the pilot area. These activities will be completed with radio talk shows, door-to-door community awareness raising, and social media updates.

Medici Land Governance (MLG) enumerators will go door-to-door to collect landowners’ personal information. The Enumerators will have valid Identification Card and official introductory letters from the Liberia Land Authority (LLA).

The landowner will be required to show the properties boundaries to the Enumerators by walking around the property.

During the enumeration exercise, landowners must ensure they are physically present at their properties with the following documents below to prove identity and ownership:

1. National Identification Card 2. Liberian Passport 3. Prove of naturalization as a Liberian citizen 4. Prove of Liberian citizenship on both claimant’s parents 5. Squatter Right (If applicable) 6. Warranty Deed (If applicable) 7. Administrator Deed (If applicable) 8. Letter of Administration (ii) Court Decreed of sale

However, for properties in which the landowner is deceased, the administrator appointed by the beneficiaries or heirs will have to show a current letter of administration signed and stamped, and probated by the probate court.

Meanwhile, foreigners with NRC’s who own properties are required to present a Residential’s Permit. Whilst Non-Governmental Organizations or Non-Profit Organizations such as Churches, NGOs, Trusts and Associations are required to present an Article of Incorporation and Certificate of NGO issued by the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP).


Reported By: Emmanuel Chedeh Davis - Communications and Outreach Officer