Office of the Chairman
Atty. J. Adams Manobah
The duties and functions of the Chairman, as provided in Section 26.1 of the LLA Act includes the following:
- Shall exercise executive and general oversight of the Authority;
- Shall be ultimately responsible for the administrative operations of the Authority;
- Shall serve as the chief spokesman for the Authority; and
- Shall preside over meetings and Commissioners, and represent the Authority as conferences, where and when necessary
The following divisions and or sections report directly to the Office of the Chairman:
Project Director: Coordinate and supervise all projects, including those funded by external donors to ensure that the objectives and activities of projects are achieved within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Internal Audit Section: The objective and scope of the internal audit activity are to determine whether the Authority's network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by the management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- The interaction between various governance processes occurs as needed
- Significant financial managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely
- Employees' actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently and are adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the Authority's control process
- Significant legislative and regulatory issues impacting on the Authority are recognized and addressed properly.
Legal Services Section: This section is responsible for legal services and advice associated with the ongoing business of the LLA. Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Business contracts for goods and services and other contractual arrangements
- Legal matters associated with divisions, employees,
- Claims against the LLA, debt collection, case prosecution
- Business development
- Real estate transactions, leases.